Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

TIme to hop in (20 time)

Its been a few weeks, and I'm trying to find a balance of not too much jumpropping so I'm not dead sore, but also enough so that I'm improving my skills. Jumpropping may seem like one of the easiest skills that anyone can do, but when you continuously jump for 10 minutes, it can be hard, and I'm just trying to get the basics. While it has been a little rainy recently, jumping rope is something I can do basically anywhere, so that helped me greatly. I am trying to jump more everyday, so I can learn more complicated skills and tricks(crossing, or backwards jumping), while boosting my stamina and increasing my V02max; however, I cannot jump as much as I would like to everyday since I'm also in track. My body physically can't sustain so much impact and exercise daily without rest days, and on top of that I also have to keep my legs healthy. Balance is the biggest issue and that's something we all face everyday, such as balancing our time. Sometimes we wish we could go back in time, or have more, but instead, we just need to learn how to manage the time we get.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Eric, it seems like everyone's having the same issue with timing, including me. Although my schedule doesn't exactly match with yours, I usually prioritize my homework based on due dates and difficulty. In between the homework assignments I would try to do a couple push-ups or something, so maybe you could do jump rope for like 2 minutes or something. I also think sleep will make a huge difference in recovery, so make sure you get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you listen to your body and are able to find a balance that works well for you. I also agree with your insights on jump roping; it doesn't seem very intense, but over a few minutes it can become intense very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric! I like how you're trying to balance your jump roping schedule so you don't tire yourself out. I think a great idea would be to learn different types of jump roping and maybe see how different types affect the VO2 max and other conditions. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very interesting that something as simple-sounding as jump roping actually takes up so much energy and I am looking forward to hearing updates in the future. I really like your point about time management and how it affects you in this project. How does jump roping almost everyday help you in track?

    ReplyDelete