Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

Nolonger in the loop

Sadly, I have fallen out of the loop. I've had a history of hamstring pulls, tears, strain, you name it, and a little more than a week ago I suffered yet another hamstring tear running in my 300 hurdles event at track. Its devastating because it honestly ruined any hopes of getting running or getting faster. That might sound silly or obvious, but for me I've been battling these injuries for a few years now on and off. I'm not sure if I will or can even continue jumproping; it's a pretty big setback not only physically, but also mentally because I love running. I am seeing a physical therapist (PT), who I hope can be my key to recovery.

I'm a really active person and love moving around; to be unable to use my lower body is like sitting around in jail rotting. Rehab is truely a patience test, but just know, if your life ever hits a bumpy patch, every setback is a set up for a comeback

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eric! It's sad that your project's future is now uncertain because of an injury that you got. Hopefully you can heal quick with the help of your physical therapist! Maybe when you can't do the actual jump rope exercise, you can plan out exercise routines and plans for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything goes well and you'll be able to get back in the loop again! Maybe you could use this opportunity to check out some physical therapy methods and talk a little bit about what you've been doing to get batter?

    ReplyDelete